Saints Peter and Paul church
Saints Peter and Paul church is the only wooden orthodox church in Karaganda region which was built according to the old Russian technology out of wooden logs without the use of nails. Initially the church was constructed in Omsk city in Russia, then it was brought to Karaganda city in disassembled state and later built in the central park of culture and leisure. It is not by chance that this particular location was chosen for the church: according to historians, in 1930’s numerous victims of Stalin’s repressions were buried here, many of them were religiously prosecuted. In 2004 the respective area was consecrated and in just 3 years a beautiful wooden church with golden domes appeared on this spot. Nowadays the church regularly holds worship services (on weekends and holidays). Sunday school for adults operates by the church.